North Dakota Medicaid (NDM) has created five innovative MTM (medication therapy management) opportunities to improve the health and well-being of North Dakotans:
- Asthma Management
- Diabetes Management
- Post-Hospital Discharge Transitions of Care
- Medication Non-Compliance
- COPD Management
About the Patient pharmacists are being supported in delivering that needed care with proper documentation through the MTM Express software platform.
HOW IT WORKS
- The pharmacist will help move patients to proper guideline care for better health.
- The pharmacist will discuss with the patient their understanding of their disease, how medications should be taken and how they help to keep them healthy, and any medication concerns.
- The MTM provider will assess factors influencing disease control, adherence, re-admit avoidance, plus any changes in therapy.
There is no cost for a patient to participate. The programs are designed to ensure a patient is on the proper medications, are taking medications properly, and to help keep them at home instead of visiting the emergency room or hospital.
- Eligible recipients will be identified by the Medicaid Department.
- Recipients may also be referred to the Medicaid Department by prescribers or pharmacies.
- Before receiving service, the pharmacy must submit and receive approval for a Service Authorization (SA).
- For questions on MTM Eligibility for a specific patient, contact NDM at 701-328-4061.